Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can I replace my internal headset for 1 1/8 chris king?

I have an 04 xtc teaml, i have searched the fourms but can not find an answer.
I want to know if i can put a 11/8 chris king headset on my frame, even though i think my bike comes with an internal headst?

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You would need to purchase an adapter to allow you to run a "normal" headset in stead of the internal that the XTC uses - just like the Trance, Reign, NRS. Somebody recently did this to runa CK headset, but personally I don't see the advantage of it since you're using a adpater to run the CK headset you loose strength AND internal headsets are very strong and durable once you get a good one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Can you recommed a headset? I would like a headset that i wont have to change frequentaly. I ride pretty rough and like getting dirty on the trails. I've gone through 3 headsets already and wanted something that can last longer.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
What headsets have you tried so far? Give me an idea of the quality and brands you've tried and I'll try to help recomend one for you. Personally I'm in the same sort of boat right now - looking for one for my Trance that has a bottom dust seal unlike the OEM that it came with. Looking at FSA and Cane Creek stuff.

archie0010 said:
Thanks for the info. Can you recommed a headset? I would like a headset that i wont have to change frequentaly. I ride pretty rough and like getting dirty on the trails. I've gone through 3 headsets already and wanted something that can last longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.