Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a 16" on-one inbred ti and my canecreek 110 headset has such a thin lower stack height, the adjuster knobs of my fox will hit the downtube should I get into a crash. I find the canecreek S3+5 to be abit too thick for my needs.

I'll rather try to avoid dirtjump or downhill headsets for the weight, so I'm wondering if you guys have any headset with a thick lower stack height to recommend? Something around 15-16mm would suffice. Thanks.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,441 Posts
Tinier said:
I've a 16" on-one inbred ti and my canecreek 110 headset has such a thin lower stack height, the adjuster knobs of my fox will hit the downtube should I get into a crash. I find the canecreek S3+5 to be abit too thick for my needs.

I'll rather try to avoid dirtjump or downhill headsets for the weight, so I'm wondering if you guys have any headset with a thick lower stack height to recommend? Something around 15-16mm would suffice. Thanks.
The plus 5 is 17.3 is it really that big a difference?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, it's boils down to vanity. Somehow the S3+5 headset looks wrong to me.

Erm, Crank Brother headsets have even lower stack heights, wouldn't it?

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Tinier said:
Erm, Crank Brother headsets have even lower stack heights, wouldn't it?
Yep, the Crank Brothers directsets are about the lowest stack height you can find in a conventional headset. Those are lower stack height numbers I referenced in my previous post.

If you're worried about appearance... well, don't be. I swear, you're looking at it now as this big ugly thing, but you'll never notice it again when you're looking at the bike as a whole.

And stack height is stack height -- it's not as if Cane Creek's 17mm of black anodized aluminum is any uglier than FSA's 15mm of black anodized aluminum. Both are prettier than a dink in your downtube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts