Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought myself a 2014 Giant Trance 1 27.5 and I'd like to add a few customized touches. Does anybody know where I can buy a BLUE headset top cap? I really like the blue that Fox uses for their fork dials as the stock black headset cap is rather ugly. I bought one on eBay but unfortunately it doesn't fit the 1.5" steerer tube of Fox tapered steerer.

Any tips much appreciated.

Or if anyone has one they want to sell to me for $10 I'm game.

Next customization: blue EVO or I9 hubs

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think the top cap would be a std 1.125...take a look at Chris King for fancy colors
That's what I thought (assumed) and this is the result. Cap sits "inside" the stem steerer hole. yuck!

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's what I thought (assumed) and this is the result. Cap sits "inside" the stem steerer hole. yuck!
I believe originally my FSA 1.125 carbon top cap fit the same way...here are a couple pictures of mine...seems like they had also sent a transition ditty that is under the cap. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe originally my FSA 1.125 carbon top cap fit the same way...here are a couple pictures of mine...seems like they had also sent a transition ditty that is under the cap. Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Where can I get one of those nifty things?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.