Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, perhaps this one would be better in Vintage or Classic forum, but does anyone know if the 3.0 Hardatils had a 1" or 1 1/8" steerer?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Bike_13 said:
Hey guys, perhaps this one would be better in Vintage or Classic forum, but does anyone know if the 3.0 Hardatils had a 1" or 1 1/8" steerer?

Thanks for your help!
It's probably 1", I think they switched to 1 1/8" with rise of CAAD frames.
I know that my 3.0 road frame is 1".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bike_13 said:

Thanks for your help!
I have a 1993 Cannondale M1000, which is the Mountain 3.0 frame, and it has a 1 1/8" threaded steerer which I converted to use threadless stems with an adapter from Nitto. I think Colorado Cyclist carries an adapter that is similar. It basically adapts the threaded fork tube from a quill type to accept the threadless steerers so you can use the newer bars, stems, etc. I use the bike for Winter rides and have an Easton EA50 stem and low rise Easton carbon bar, which is a nice match to the rigid fork.

I have the full Suntour/Microdrive group and except for replacing the rear derauiller, it rides like new.

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.