Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I recently purchased a Scott Spark frame it was NOS and somewhere around a 2014-15-16 ish. So I started putting it together with parts I had. Had to buy a fork as I did not have an extra. Frame has a tapered headtube, so I bought a tapered fork. Well.....the bottom of the headtube, although tapered, takes a 1 1/8 cup

So what I need is a headset with a lower 1 1/8 cup but to fit a 1.5 bearing. Someone said that Richie makes one but I can;t seem to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
since 4/10/2009
37,062 Posts
first off, you need to measure this stuff in metric. Old style straight headtubes were 34mm in diameter (they weren't always referred to this way, but they are now). Newer straight head tubes are usually 44mm in diameter. Though there are a few other sizes out there. The "tapered" headtubes can be a lot of things, especially on the lower cups, depending on whether the cups are meant to be external (EC), zero stack (ZS), or whatever.

Cane Creek has a handy sizing tool that can help you figure out the size you need. If you're lucky, since your bike is a little older, it'll be already programmed in and will tell you what you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.