Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the forums, but I'd like answers from small Uzzi owners. BTW the reason I'm throwing it out to small frame owners is because I've heard that the crown on the 66 hits the downtube. I've ordered my '07 66 SL, but haven't decided on getting a headset reducer or reducer cups. I currently have the FSA Pig HS. I know, it's burly. I don't really want to add weight to it, so I'm leaning more towards a the former. I also want to make sure I don't have the crown rubbing/hitting the down tube and don't want to do any filing down/dremelling. What do you use? Cane Creek or FSA?...or is there another HS that you have been completely satisfied with?

I'd love some tried and true advice. I do enough speculating on my own. Thanks.

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
dirtdiva said:
I've been reading the forums, but I'd like answers from small Uzzi owners. BTW the reason I'm throwing it out to small frame owners is because I've heard that the crown on the 66 hits the downtube. I've ordered my '07 66 SL, but haven't decided on getting a headset reducer or reducer cups. I currently have the FSA Pig HS. I know, it's burly. I don't really want to add weight to it, so I'm leaning more towards a the former. I also want to make sure I don't have the crown rubbing/hitting the down tube and don't want to do any filing down/dremelling. What do you use? Cane Creek or FSA?...or is there another HS that you have been completely satisfied with?

I'd love some tried and true advice. I do enough speculating on my own. Thanks.
I know that w/ a lower reducer cup on a med Uzzi the 66's crown still (barely) hits the down tube. There is no way it will clear on a small. I have had good luck with Cane creek's 1.5 headsets, but Intense does not seem keen on them.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently have an intense small vpx w/2007 Marzocchi 66 1 SL it hits with the Cane Creek Double X reducer headset (16mm lower stack height). I just purchased a FSA reducer adapter (4.5mm stack height) and FSA DH pig Pro headset (16mm lower stack). I'm hoping with the 20mm total lower stack height I might clear the down tube frame but I won't know untill another week or so, waiting for parts and headset tools. If it clears I'll update with a picture.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, can't wait for the photos :thumbsup: I still have another 2 weeks before my fork gets here. Let me know how the reducers work out and if they creak after a few hard rides. I've read of some others recommending the FSA Orbit Z 1.5R, but haven't seen them on any small Uzzis. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The magic lower stack height # is 20mm to clear the down tube frame w/2007 Marzocchi 66 SL 1. Its a success!!! I just installed FSA headtube reducer adapter 1.5 to 1 1/8 - 4.5mm stack height w/21mm long insert sleeve- Intense internal support headtube sleeve is 20mm-opens up plenty of room ($19) w/FSA DH pig PRO ($35) 1 1/8 headset 16mm stack height total of 20mm. FYI: use plenty of water proof grease before installation.

FYI: I just check the demensions on the standard FSA DH pig and FSA orbit Z1.5 R only @ 13mm lower stack height not enough height. You need to find FSA DH pig Pro w/16mm lower stack height (its lighter and stronger) or similar with FSA headtube reducer 4.5mm for 20mm.

see pics!!!
Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Spoke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.