Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally decide to start building up my Mojo tonight, since the wife's will be here next week, and all is going great till I get to the headset.

The bearings just don't want to sit inside the cups, they are "almost" there...I was given an Cane Creek IS-2/IS-2i - is this the right headset? wtf?! :confused:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Which headset do you have?

The IS-2 and IS-2i are two different headsets.You'll need the IS-2 since the IS-2i adheres to the Campagnolo integrated standard.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Carbon Ken said:
Which headset do you have?

The IS-2 and IS-2i are two different headsets.You'll need the IS-2 since the IS-2i adheres to the Campagnolo integrated standard.
I love MTBR! Or, well those awesome folks like you always willing to help on MTBR...anyway, yeah, the shop gave me an IS-2i...sigh, well, at least it's nothing major...although I've already pressed on the crown race and that was a b****h to get set - I hope both models use the same race...? :eek:

Many thanks again!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Glad to be of help.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you if the crown races are the same. Perhaps you can get your bike store to give you a complete IS-2 headset and return the crown race after comparing them side to side. I'd be very surprised if they were any different.

If that's not an option, I suppose I could take a picture of my crown race bolted onto my fork since I'm using an IS-2 myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also, I was told that Ibis has sent out some headsets that were too large for the Mojo because of a mis-labeling problem. I think they were the ones for the silk road frame.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whew

Well, thanks for the input. By some miracle, I was able to get the crown race off without any damage and it's headed back to the shop...hopefully this week when we pick up the wife's green machine.

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts