Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headset binding and the frame's been faced...

Hey, I just put a new Cane Creek S2 headset in a Soma Juice frame. The headset was binding, so I took it out, faced the frame, anbd reinstalled the headset. Still binding. I'm using a 03 Marzocchi 29er MX Comp fork I got on Ebay. Could the steerer tube be bent in the crown? Does this happen? Also, the stem ~looks~ flat on the bottom, no obvios spots that are uneven...

·
559 Posts
indigosky said:
Hey, I just put a new Cane Creek S2 headset in a Soma Juice frame. The headset was binding, so I took it out, faced the frame, anbd reinstalled the headset. Still binding. I'm using a 03 Marzocchi 29er MX Comp fork I got on Ebay. Could the steerer tube be bent in the crown? Does this happen? Also, the stem ~looks~ flat on the bottom, no obvios spots that are uneven...
Check your stem. I've had this happen before where the bottom of the stem was slightly off and put uneven pressure on the headset.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take the top cup out of the frame place it upside down on a level flat surface try to rock it back and forth if it moves the cup is bad (this is not common but it does happen and it will cause the binding) in 10 years i have only seen this once and it was on a brand new bike right out of the box

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.