Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wrong place to post this but I'll ask anyways.

Considering the Trance X, Trek Fuel EX, Stumpy FSR and MkIII.

Can anyone give me reasons to go for the Mkiii over the others before sunday?!?

It concerns me that it says you can only run a 130mm fork on the 2008 when I have a nice 140mm fork to use

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd just like to mention that RSCycle stated that prices would not go down on 08 IH bikes. That was when there were no sales. So I bought my MKIII frame. Now, 25% off just IH bikes. That is just cheap marketing tactics. If I had known I could save $200, I would have waited to buy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Why are people getting ticked off at Randall Scott for lowering prices? I bought my Kumicho when it was 20% off, now it's 25% off. Yeah, I could have saved a few bucks if I waited but I also could have saved big bucks if I waited to by my Chevy until after the current meltdown in the auto industry. The economy has changed and retailers have to change to survive. By the way, if I didn't invest in that mutual fund back in March....... Coulda, woulda, shoulda! I'm goin' ridin':)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Cause you don't want to buy from a store that lies. Many people would have waited to buy but RS said that the prices would not go down for sure, and might go up. So we bought. What if you were one of the people who bought a sunday world cup? You could have saved $1,250 more than the cost of your entire bike, if you had waited a month and a half. But some ******* in marketing lied to you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Qui'lan Fett, our promotions are not set for the year. We react to the market. In this economy we had to reduce prices so that our products are more affordable to our customers. We dont quite understand your negative backlash for lowering prices. With this argument every retailer in America is a lying dishonest company. Its just not the case. If i could have bought google at 10 and sold it at 200 that would be great but no one has a Chrystal ball. You just sound misinformed (we didn't say dumb so dont get all mad). Anyway happy riding to all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm not mad, just a bit annoyed. In this thread you stated your prices on 08 and 07 IH's would not go down, yet they have. One person even called you on it and you reassured him or her that they would definitely not go down. If you hadn't said that, I would have gotten a whole bike (with the frame I bought) for less than what I paid for my frame in October. I'm sorry if I sound over the top, but I don't think that's fair.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4889577#post4889577

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Qui'lan Fett said:
I'm not mad, just a bit annoyed. In this thread you stated your prices on 08 and 07 IH's would not go down, yet they have. One person even called you on it and you reassured him or her that they would definitely not go down. If you hadn't said that, I would have gotten a whole bike (with the frame I bought) for less than what I paid for my frame in October. I'm sorry if I sound over the top, but I don't think that's fair.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4889577#post4889577
Live a little more?

Since how has this ever changed?

If you want good prices you are playing chicken with the retailer. The consumer doesn't know how many they have in stock or how long the price will last. That's how they get people to pull the trigger.

I've waited too long on a lot of products before, wondering how low the price will go, only to find it out of stock by the time I decide on it.

If the deal suites your price requirements and you buy one while in stock, then why complain? Isn't that better than the possibility of saving a little more but risking them not having any at all?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Could be worse, RScyles could have held their prices and than after months of watching the decline in sales went to the feds and asked for bailout money?? Come on folks business is business you have to roll with the changes which are monthly. RScylces has inventory to move before the new arrives and by the looks of things the economy is not going to turn around over night so funds must be raised. Heck the next thing you know everyone will be complaining about the lack of 09 models.

On another note wished the rep would have said something about the reduction last week when I called. Even asked if the 20% was coming back.I ended buying else where. But thats the way it goes . You win some and loose some, thats life!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Upset or just naïve

Not sure why you are upset by a business lowering prices. The real question is why would you think that a merchat, any merchant, would tell you ahead of time that their prices will go down, knowing you will wait to buy it until they lower the price. We have a free market economy (sort of) in this country and if you are willing to buy at a given price which then goes lower, oh well! You just bought it at the higher price and you should have no complaints. That's how it works here. If you have a problem with that, sorry.

Now, if you jump the gun on a sale by a few days, most merchants would allow some time for price protection. I believe RSCycle does the same. After a certain period of time all bets are off. If you snooze, you will sometimes lose when others beat you to the punch.

Qui'lan Fett said:
Cause you don't want to buy from a store that lies. Many people would have waited to buy but RS said that the prices would not go down for sure, and might go up. So we bought. What if you were one of the people who bought a sunday world cup? You could have saved $1,250 more than the cost of your entire bike, if you had waited a month and a half. But some ******* in marketing lied to you.

·
GreeneDog
271 Posts
I can't believe we are talking about how someone didn't get a deal. That's why its called a "deal" they don't always happen. You need to be little lucky. The rest of the time we are keeping these place open by buying stuff the rest of the year at their regular prices. It's called shopping.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Kinda OT but this looks like the place to get a quick answer...do the IH frames from RS come with seat post and collar? I didn't see anything and was just wondering...could always wait until tomorrow and just call but what the who.

·
Registered
178 Posts
2000cx said:
Kinda OT but this looks like the place to get a quick answer...do the IH frames from RS come with seat post and collar? I didn't see anything and was just wondering...could always wait until tomorrow and just call but what the who.
My 7point frame came with collar but no seat post, a plastic cap instead.

David.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Randall Scott Company said:
Qui'lan Fett, our promotions are not set for the year. We react to the market. In this economy we had to reduce prices so that our products are more affordable to our customers. We dont quite understand your negative backlash for lowering prices. With this argument every retailer in America is a lying dishonest company. Its just not the case. If i could have bought google at 10 and sold it at 200 that would be great but no one has a Chrystal ball. You just sound misinformed (we didn't say dumb so dont get all mad). Anyway happy riding to all.
RS, nice work on the arrogance. Nice work on the nonsense google analogy.

Upper case "Chrystal" ball? Am I missing something here (other than the misspelling)? If you are going to smugly insult someone's intelligence you have better got your sh*t together.

No one is 'backlashing' against lower prices, although that was a nice way of deflecting the OP's comment.

So I guess the message is that RS can say whatever they want without any accountability (read the thread in question) as long as their prices are right. And they can insult you if you dare bring it up. Stick to selling bikes, econ and english aren't your thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.