Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to upgrade my headphones, does anyone have any suggestions? I used to have a pair of Westone UM1 Team edition, they were great but have been discontinued. I value sound quality and the earbuds staying put, but want to spend less than $100. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I don't usually wear them, but, when i'm rolling solo (often) and know i'm going to be on a sustained climb (30-120min) i have a mono headphone. I turn the volume down pretty low and it keeps my dominant ear open. I can still hear the dirt crunching under my tires and even lizards scampering under brush. Just because some ppl wear headphones doesn't mean they are tuning out the environment.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
There was an article in my local newspaper about best tech accessories for less, the Panasonic ErgoFit RP-HJE120-K in ear phones were rated highly and only cost around $10. Available at Office Depot or Office Max or other office supply store.

No, I have not tried them. Yet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't like wearing headphones riding. If riders come up behind you, you have no idea. I've frequently run into bikers with headphones that I cannot pass because they have no clue I'm behind them. Instead, I just put my phone on the top of my camel pack and play music via speaker. Works great. Doesn't bother anyone else.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I don't like wearing headphones riding. If riders come up behind you, you have no idea. I've frequently run into bikers with headphones that I cannot pass because they have no clue I'm behind them. Instead, I just put my phone on the top of my camel pack and play music via speaker. Works great. Doesn't bother anyone else.
I agree with the headphone comment, nothing is more annoying than someone in front of you oblivious you're trying to pass.

I just ride with one earbud in and one out, that way I can hear my buddies around me and what's going on.

I gotta be honest though, it drives me nuts when people are riding around with music blasting out of their backpacks from their phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree with the headphone comment, nothing is more annoying than someone in front of you oblivious you're trying to pass.

I just ride with one earbud in and one out, that way I can hear my buddies around me and what's going on.

I gotta be honest though, it drives me nuts when people are riding around with music blasting out of their backpacks from their phones.

Yeah, I agree with the blasting music part. I can't speak for others, but my pack has a specific pouch right behind my head so I don't have to play it loud. You can really only struggle hear it if you roll up side of me.

But I also live half a mile from my main trailhead so I just ride my bike from my house into the trails. I don't need to ride through the parking lots and such where everyone is chatting and fearing up.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
46,443 Posts
There was an article in my local newspaper about best tech accessories for less, the Panasonic ErgoFit RP-HJE120-K in ear phones were rated highly and only cost around $10. Available at Office Depot or Office Max or other office supply store.

No, I have not tried them. Yet.
Finch have you tried them yet?

;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
It has rained all day today - no riding. So I went to the bike shop and got some new handlebars & installed them.

Carbon Deity 787mm. Look good, feel good, excited to try them.

Anyone ridden them before? What do you think?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.