Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to Ravenshoe and I figured I would check out the conditions at Hardwoodhills just to see how much snow north of the city got. I know Barrie is a lot more north than Raveshoe but I figured I'd see anyway. It looks like Barrie got 50 cm of snow since Thursday. Yikes! I'm bringing my bike to Ravenshoe and hoping I can get a ride in today.

I think I should have got up earlier and headed to Hardwoodhills for a ski today.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
how was it?

Braids said:
I'm heading out to Ravenshoe and I figured I would check out the conditions at Hardwoodhills just to see how much snow north of the city got. I know Barrie is a lot more north than Raveshoe but I figured I'd see anyway. It looks like Barrie got 50 cm of snow since Thursday. Yikes! I'm bringing my bike to Ravenshoe and hoping I can get a ride in today.

I think I should have got up earlier and headed to Hardwoodhills for a ski today.
rideable?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
osokolo said:
rideable?
Yes. A few people had already ridden and laid down some tracks. I wanted to take the XCE with 2.3 nokians on but I couldn't find my tools to move the pedals over and put a seat back on the bike. I had to take the racer x with skinny 2.1 tires. The weather today and tomorrow will of course change riding conditions so Ravenshoe will probably be very muddy come Tuesday. I've only been out there with a friend leading and believe it or not I got lost yesterday. Stuff looked familiar but I still got lost. I had to follow my own tracks out after I gave up on doing the loop I usually do with my friend.

I'll admit I'm looking forward to skiing at Durham though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good to hear its ridable with a bit of snow, although i wont be up there until at least around christmas. I will just have to see what the weather is like then, and decide if its worth heading up there.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
we rode hilton falls on sunday morning

Charlie said:
Good to hear its ridable with a bit of snow, although i wont be up there until at least around christmas. I will just have to see what the weather is like then, and decide if its worth heading up there.
and it was total fun... snow covered trails and bridges... sweet...

·
Registered
955 Posts
thanks for posting conditions.

I rode the Shoe a week ago and it was great, even got to play on some of the new stuff that's been built. I'm waiting for colder temps before returning as I suspect it'll be a bit of a mud fest this week.

Clem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.