Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thursday.......second time this summer.....plan on riding part of thursday, Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday.....Looking to do a hike/swim/ for half a day on either friday/saturday....need some suggestions on a location close by to Kingdom trails. If anybody has been up there this weekend..wondering how conditions are up there. THx. very much.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Conditions on the mountain side trails (Campground and the Moose trails) were wet roots and very muddy as of July 22. On the Darling Hill side things improved but Fence Line was fairly muddy as well. The DH/FR trails were closed.

Things will certainly improve as the weather should be great for the next few days. So you should get dry and quick rolling trails! Enjoy!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Rode KT on late Saturday trails were fine. A little mud nothing that you had to stop for. However, I saw alot of poeple caked in mud don't know if they were rolling in it.

If your going that many days I suggest the season pass $35.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx Josh, Rez, Evil S.................

Thx very much for the advice. Last year we climbed the mtn over lake willouby...will do it again and take a swim at the beach too! Heard some good news.....Sinister BIkes will be at KT on Saturday and there will be a shuttle running all day for $15 for as many runs as you can get.....my daughter and I will demo some big travel Bikes and take the shuttle a few times..... Ride On!!!!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure which side....we started by going through a

old swamp with many downed trees and wooden bridges to get over the marshy areas. I think we were on the south side of the lake....there was a really nice overlook about half way up the mountain that looked down into the lake....

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Willouby Lake....Josh....

Great recommendation on Lake Willouby..........Tried North Beach the first day....got the low down on south beach from some locals....went there for 2 days of swimming...some interesting sites there.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.