Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a recent post about riding in Chattanooga, but it was someone just passing through. I'm going back to school there soon (actually, it's a college on Lookout Mountain). I'll probably be riding around the mountain a lot, but I definitely want to get out to better trails every so often. I've heard of Chilhowee, which isn't very far away. I'm still looking around though.
I'm actually looking for people that live around the lookout mountain/chattanooga area though for riding! I'm not an extremely serious rider, and I'm not that fast, but I'm getting there. Leave a message if you live around that area and want to go riding sometime! It's also an easy way for me to get to know the trails around there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Check the Chattanooga area Mtn bikers out at

www.sorbachattanooga.org

A couple of evening rides a week and usually a weekend one to. There are a lot of great trails in the area, and we have big plans for many more in the near future. There are some good trails at Lula Lake on the top of Lookout Mtn, evening rides there every Monday and every third Wednesday.

Furrner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Furrner said:
Check the Chattanooga area Mtn bikers out at

www.sorbachattanooga.org

A couple of evening rides a week and usually a weekend one to. There are a lot of great trails in the area, and we have big plans for many more in the near future. There are some good trails at Lula Lake on the top of Lookout Mtn, evening rides there every Monday and every third Wednesday.

Furrner
Awesome!! That's exactly what I was looking for. They have rides at Lula Lake, that's like 5 minutes away from me! ooh I'm so happy to find others to ride with. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Have you made it out to any of the Lula Lake rides yet?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like you are heading to Covenant? I got my degree there through their Quest Program while I worked full time. I grew up in Chattanooga, well, East Ridge.

I don't know of many hard core trails around there, but for a nice "date ride", check out the Chickamauga Battlefield, about 25 min. from the college. Great Civil War historical site, and fantastic scenery. Very flat, so you don't have to be in shape.

Enjoy school, and good luck finding the trails.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Check out the area around the Ocoee river in Cleveland, about 35 min. up 75. I have heard there are some great spots for riding there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts