Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a headache about an hour or so after completing a hard 2-3 hour ride. I suspect it is from a low blood sugar level. About an hour before an early morning ride I eat a good breakfast and at completion, I eat a couple of PP&J sandwiches with a 32oz. gatoraide. This seams to work for sub 2 hour rides but not the long ones. I am going to continue the above and in addition, eat an energy bar right before the start of the ride. Maybe it will enter my blood system by mid-ride and not allow my sugar to drop causing a headache. Does anyone share this problem and is my theory correct?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super E said:
Yep...that's the most likely reason. Hydrate man, hydrate.
During my last 2 1/2 hour hammerfest in the cold I finished a 100oz. camelback of water. I would think this would be suffient. If hydration is the problem, my next experiment will to mix my camelback 50-50 water and gatoraide. My after ride gatoraide may be too late to hold off the headache.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.