Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gold Member
Wrecker V2 / Nimble9
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** I am not affiliated with this company in any way and this is not meant as an AD.

Ok, this is not exactly 29r stuff, but since I have posted in this forum more than the others and you people seem to have an infinity for flare (That's a good thing) I want to share a cool Christmas gift that I designed and bought for the wife this year.

Some of you might have heard about Jen Green of Headbadges.com , but if not and you want a cool custom part for you ride, this might be the ticket.

Jen carves out of 100% silver, so they are not cheap, but certainly not too hatefull for custom work.

My idea for this badge, was to represent a few things that represent my wife:
First, Dances with Trees is her nickname for her ability to always catch herself during a mishap on the bike with a tree instead impacting on the ground. The graphic is a greek graphic I believe, but I am using it in the text of her being one with nature. Lastly, she loves the art of Japanese serenity & peacefulness, so I added the riding sun in the background with a rim & tire to tie in mtbiking.

Anyhow, this is a pretty cool gift or nice personal touch. For all the Inbred fans she has a sweet badge on her site.

This one is after I received it and polished the rays out with Mother's.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Yep, Jen Green does amazing work, they really are jewellery. I had a custom head badge done as well, and they are things of beauty, even packaged like jewellery. Considering how work they can take, the delivery is pretty speedy too. She also sends you progress photos while she's working on it if you've asked for a fairly complex finish or 3D detail.

Worth every penny...

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
Awesome!

My best bud John just got married to a great gal he'd been seeing for years...Steph. Steph RULES. Steph also welds bike for Seven. So as a wedding gift for John, she built him a Ti Tandem. She also fabbed the headtube badge herself...great tinwork Steph!

Great wedding, lots of good old friends around and great beer.

·
rider
808 Posts
CdaleTony said:
I think I found the guy to be most jealous of ;) ......SHE FABBED HIM A Ti BIKE?
Thats pretty cool :thumbsup:
No doubt!! :thumbsup: Thats' one cool wife! I'd like to see more pics of the SS ti tandem!

I love the Jenn Green headbadges. She has some really cool stuff out there. Met her briefly on the trails one time. I had noticed a really cool headbadge on a Moots and that's when she said she made them! I was amazed at the workmanship.

There's also a cool headbadge at the Drunk Cyclist store (content is work safe :) ): http://www.drunkcyclist.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=24

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
Swami Scott said:
No doubt!! :thumbsup: Thats' one cool wife! I'd like to see more pics of the SS ti tandem!

I love the Jenn Green headbadges. She has some really cool stuff out there. Met her briefly on the trails one time. I had noticed a really cool headbadge on a Moots and that's when she said she made them! I was amazed at the workmanship.

There's also a cool headbadge at the Drunk Cyclist store (content is work safe :) ): https://www.drunkcyclist.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=24
Steph with the bike...

The girls making their entrance with the bike...

Steph and John...

Steph is a rocks the Tig...

From the rear...

RJ

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
THAT is the COOLEST wedding gift I've seen yet.

And the wedding looks like it was a hoot-n-a-half. Nice rods in the background too. Cool stuff!

·
Cold Blooded
190 Posts
Wow! That is the luckiest guy ever! I wish my wife could weld me a frame, I would be more diligent about taking out the trash. That is for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
headbadge correction

wanted to add a little nore info. on the super cool bike, headbadge and couple.

Headbadge was made by a friend of Stef's, Hoss Rogers http://www.hossrogers.com
he does great work and you should check it out.:thumbsup:

everything else is correct: Stef is a great gal and welder, that is one cool bike, and that John is one lucky guy. Just wanted to folks to know the badge was done by Hoss.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
O

M

G

"My wife built us a Ti tandem as my wedding gift".

That is off all cool charts, and I can only believe it because I just read about it on the internet.
If good luck could hurt...John would be in trouble!

"Nice beanie there Cloxxki, where'd you get it?" - Thanks, I bought it at close-out.
vs.
"Very nice Ti tandem there John, where did you have it made?"

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
1spdtandem said:
wanted to add a little nore info. on the super cool bike, headbadge and couple.

Headbadge was made by a friend of Stef's, Hoss Rogers http://www.hossrogers.com
he does great work and you should check it out.:thumbsup:

everything else is correct: Stef is a great gal and welder, that is one cool bike, and that John is one lucky guy. Just wanted to folks to know the badge was done by Hoss.
Hey that is awesome! My Bad! Maybe one too many pints at the bar....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.