Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the head tube angle on the older Gary Fisher Paragons? I did the search but after about 5 pages gave up. I have the 2009 Paragon and it is listed at 70 degrees I think.

I am going to make the switch to the 2009 Reba and was putting the info in that trail calculator that someone posted. I wanted to show the comparison of the trail between a 2007 Paragon with the older Reba fork and a 2009 Paragon with the 2009 Reba both at 80mm travel. Size large frame

Will I even notice the difference between the Reba and the Fox G2. I don't know but it is fun to play with the numbers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I haven't ridden a G2 hardtail, but from a quick ride on a HiFi I felt a difference in how it handled compared to my G1 hardtail. I could also feel a difference on a Ferrous (steeper HA), despite the salesman telling me it was the same geo as my bike (later found out he was wrong). Two distinct ways of achieving snappier handling, it seems...plenty of discussion on that if you look for it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read most of the posts on the subject, at least the latest posts. Hopefully I am not screwing up the handling characteristics switching from the Fox G2 to the 2009 Reba. The bike is brand new and I haven't even ridden it outside. I just have itch to put the Reba on it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lot of good info on Guitar Ted's site. I wish he had tested the Reba Team fork at 100mm travel so it would have been an exact comparison vs the Fox. Then we would have a better understanding of the difference the offsets make as well as the through axle configuration.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Cloxxki said:
G2 Reba's apparently exist, or don't they? Why not try to obtain one of those if you want a Reba?
G2 Reba's do exist, and you can turn any reba 29er fork buy getting you local trek dealer to purchase a 51mm CSU (only trek/fisher dealers can buy these apparently) from your rockshox distributor.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Ranger Pride said:
A lot of good info on Guitar Ted's site. I wish he had tested the Reba Team fork at 100mm travel so it would have been an exact comparison vs the Fox. Then we would have a better understanding of the difference the offsets make as well as the through axle configuration.
Thanks!

Secondly......I might just do what you are suggesting. It's just that we have about a foot of snow and ice out on our trails at the moment, and I hadn't gotten around to pulling something like this off before the weather went south on me.

Happy New Year! :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What does the CSU stand for.

On the subject of a G2 Reba do you really think there would be that much difference between the 46mm offset Reba and one at 51mm. As I have researched this subject a little and gotten some great opinions and advice from others I started to wonder if I would even be able to tell the difference at my skill level. I ride and race Michigan trails that aren't very technical. I think a Pro would surely notice but can only assume they are much more sensitive to setup differences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.