Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FSA Orbit Z 1.5 R v's canecreek double xc flush.

leaning towards 36 van or zoke light eta

thoughts from owners?

thx

·
Registered
226 Posts
matthew said:
FSA Orbit Z 1.5 R v's canecreek double xc flush.

leaning towards 36 van or zoke light eta

thoughts from owners?

thx
Personally, I would go with the cane creek double xc short.....it gives a little more clearance from fork crown to the downtube. One crash with a flush headset and on the 36 and it would probably end up with a dent in the downtube, or at the least some chipped paint. That's just my 2 cents. I'm going with a double xc short stack on my 6.6, but I also want a more slack head angle. I also want to add that I have not tried a flush heaset on the 6.6, all the ones we've built, and sold as frame and headset have gone with cane creek double xc [email protected]

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for input
I'm leaning heavilly towards a 36 VAN and I'm pretty sure intense guy says they recomend the FSA flush head set.
I like the idea of the slightly steeper HA with a 160 fork (no lock down) and I'm sure Ive seen that build on many bikes but I'd love to hear more about cleaence issues from anyone woth that frame - fork combo
cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
matthew said:
thx for input
I'm leaning heavilly towards a 36 VAN and I'm pretty sure intense guy says they recomend the FSA flush head set.
I like the idea of the slightly steeper HA with a 160 fork (no lock down) and I'm sure Ive seen that build on many bikes but I'd love to hear more about cleaence issues from anyone woth that frame - fork combo
cheers
No Clearance issues with medium or large 6.6 with Cane Creek Double Flush and Talas 36 forks. I haven't built a small yet.

Most of the 6.6's I've built have had the Cane Creek headset. One FSA z.1, One FSA Pig, and One chris King with reducers (against my will)

·
Registered
256 Posts
When is someone (King maybe?) going to come out with a set of 1.5 reducers that are specced for King bearings? I've used the E.13 reducers and they are great due to their deep insertion but they'd be better if they ran King bearings instead of generic FSA's.

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
I will be installing E13 reducer cups with the FSA internal bearing kit that Go-Ride sells together. A great combo to keep that low stack height. I have a Z1 light to go on it, so hopefully it will have enough clearance. If not, I will have to get a Cane Creek lower cup to fit the 1.5, which is what I had to do on my Uzzi and kept the upper E13 reducer cup. Pretty cool set up actually.

·
Registered
242 Posts
punkassean said:
When is someone (King maybe?) going to come out with a set of 1.5 reducers that are specced for King bearings? I've used the E.13 reducers and they are great due to their deep insertion but they'd be better if they ran King bearings instead of generic FSA's.
King will make 1.5inch headsets right after they release their bottom bracket ;)

that they have been working on for what? five years now???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.