Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Home Depot today looking for some stuff when I saw this tool...
Works great to find out your bike's head angle (probably not super accurate but close enough for me)...
First step is to make sure your bike is straight up on the floor that is perfectly level. Then slap the tool on the head tube to determine the angle... Come to find that my favorite handling bikes have a head angle of 68 degrees...

The first bike is a Yeti 575 with a RS Rev fork
Second bike is a homemade steel hardtail with a RS Rev fork
Third bike is an On One Inbred with a Fox Talas.

Attachments

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
yep inclinometers are cool (roofer tool i believe). The only problem is that their tolerance is usually 1 degree which doesn't seem like a lot but it is if you're looking for an exact number. Another place to measure them i've found is off of the steerer tube.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No...

Zanetti said:
Are you sitting on the bike while measuring the angles? Is suspension sag being taken in to account when determining your favorite head angle?
on the dualie, the sag should be the same front and rear so the angles should be unchanged. On the hardtail, I run about 1/4 to 1/3" sag so I just add that to the HA (.25 to .33 degrees)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.