Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Pete Fagerlin said:
Bust out your wallet.

Rumored to be in the $2k range and it doesn't look like it will feature and image stabilization.
You are correct about the image stab'... which is a disappointment... and I heard maybe even $2400 - yeikes.

Also you will need to add on a screw on wide angle - of course that's not the end of the world, but if you are using this cam for POV, you'd think they would lean towards a wide angle, not zoom functions.

Another issue is that is only takes the Sony Memory stick Duo which when compared to SD or Compact Flash has a small storage capacity, especially for HD.

I hope to be able to test one out and give a review when they arrive...

·
Registered
2 Posts
curious george said:
Why not?

I thought the footage was pretty mediocre but attributed it to the poor quality lens that was being used (and that freak's ponytail).
What I meant was my 580tvl bullet cam is in a small, tough metal case "lipstick" style, and it is totally submersible. I've even taken it free diving with a waterproofed recorder. It has interchangable lenses but they are a pain to change and you have to manually focus while watching the image on a TV.

The Sony HD cam looked like its more bulky and plastic-y, maybe I'm wrong about how tough it is. The colors looked good on that sample vid but you're right, it's got the look of a cheap lens. The big improvement is the resolution of the recorder, plus its size is incredible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.