6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copy-pasted from noaa.gov.

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Special Weather Statement

Area Forecast For: San Luis Obispo County Interior Valleys-
Including Paso Robles...Atascadero
Issued: December 30, 2005 03:19:33 PST

Today: Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the morning.. Then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the 50s to lower 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight: Rain likely in the evening...then rain after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s. Southwest winds around 20 mph.

Bundle up folks. It looks like it's going to be another tough winter.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Fast Eddy said:

Today: Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the morning.. Then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the 50s to lower 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight: Rain likely in the evening...then rain after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s. Southwest winds around 20 mph.

This was supposed to be a joke right?
Highs in the lower 60's and a 40% chance of rain. Man I would love to see some weather like that around here. After 7 days of highs around 40, we are back to 90% chance of rain for 2 weeks straight, our typical pattern.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah, we're pretty spoiled in cali....compared to most others states...

Sasquatch said:
This was supposed to be a joke right?
Highs in the lower 60's and a 40% chance of rain. Man I would love to see some weather like that around here. After 7 days of highs around 40, we are back to 90% chance of rain for 2 weeks straight, our typical pattern.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
man we got in tough in Socal.

Today: Sunshine along with a few clouds. High near 72F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Low 59F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

man it is a cold winter

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
ya, reno is gettin hit too, so far to day the highest wind is 53 and its been raining heavy off and on, good news is tone of snow in the mountians!

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Get Out And Ride!

Fast Eddy said:

I've been gotten some killer rides in of late - it's all about layers, getting used to being wet and muddy - hosing the bike off afterwards and liberally lubing all the nibbly bits.

Rain? Cold? Who Cares! Let's Ride!!! :D

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
That's balmy!!

What?? How dare you say that!!!! The highs up here have been like 30, some times like 15!
Today it was 45 and it felt tropical. I almost wore shorts and short sleeves. Oh and the rain is fun! Yesterday I was out for doing wheelies, bunny hops etc. in the rain for 2.5 hours in 40 degs., it was so much fun!!! No one else is outside, it's so quite and peaceful. (Massachusetts)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
To be honest, it probably won't rain here (So Cal) at all. Already it was supposed to rain today and Sunday, now in most areas weather.com says rain late Sat night/Sunday. By tomorrow it won't be raining at all :)

Hopefully!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wherewolf said:
40's and 50's are hardly cold. People in the rest of the country must be laughing at this ;)
I didn't miss a single ride last winter and I haven't missed any this year, including night rides. I'm very grateful that I live in California.
Yep, 40's and 50's are T-Shirt weather for NH, thats nothing. Try 3 degrees with a windchill making it feel 10-15 below 0, now thats cold and normal January weather for NH. I wish I lived in Cali.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I hate to say it, because I live in the SFBA, but this weather is nothing to complain about.

I just got back from a week in Western Canada (Vancouver to Banf and back) and I thought the weather was nice! We got rained on, snowed on, socked in by fog, you name it. We only got about 45 minutes of daylight the entire trip. A little rain is nothing.

·
Dirtmistress
555 Posts
Our poor dopey

weathermen... In L.A. the storms usually make a sharp right at Santa Barbara and head inland and we in L.A. get nothing! That's after the weather people pound us for 5 days with forecasts of 1 to 2 inches of rain and possible mudslides and flooding and plagues of locusts and lava flows and everyone run for your lives in 5 days and then we get NUTTIN! Nuttin..you hear?
Poor Dallas Raines! :D Umm.. Of course now that I've said that, we will get pounded I'll bet! Good thing my 2005 12 hour TDF dvd and 8 hour 2005 Giro dvd showed up so I can sit on my spin bike for 2 hours. mmmm-hmmm! :p

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
when i lived in washington we had about 2 weeks of constant rain like never saw the sun, just constant drizzle, so far this winter only worn pants like 2 times and it gets down in the the 30-40 for highs. as for riding when its cold, i did this in shorts,

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.