Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Hazard looked plenty snow covered on the drive in today.
At best, you might be able to pedal up to Lower Koko from the LPS drop off and then get on UPS.
Upper Koko below Hazard and above UPS is likely peanut butter with rocks in it.
Shuttles are running to LPS.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Drove the LaSal Loop road this weekend and I'm a little surprised that they're running shuttles to LPS as it was snowing (lightly) still up there. Be flexible and get in contact with your favorite shuttle service. They'll always take you as high as you can get responsibly. Unfortunately Hazard isn't likely to dry out in time for your trip.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
We got a major dumping or rain/hail just south of town last evening so I'd say Hazard is a no-go this weekend. Same for Kokopelli I'd assume.
Yeah, we did the shuttle on Saturday and only could get UPS down. Oh well maybe next time. Still had an amazing weekend of riding.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
We ride there Saturday morning and it was wet up high. A little greasy through the rocks.

The Hans Dampf on my wife's bike packed up in one spot, but my Ardents didn't have any issues.

About 1/2 down to the fire road it dried up nicely.....tacky hero dirt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.