Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought and had LBS install HFX9 XC front and rear. Well it is just a service center that builds bikes and does repairs for local service members over here in Germany. The rear brake has been fine with no problems (knock on wood). But, the front makes this annoying squeaking noise. At first, I thought that it was just due to the break in period since it started the first time I was riding the brakes. But, then it never went away. I have ridden them about 4 times now and the sqeak is still there. I looked closely at the rotor and notice this is a slight warp in one spot which looks like it is barely touching the inside pad. QUESTION: Is it worth trying to send this front rotor back to Hayes to be replaced under warrantly or would I be wasting my time? I assume they would tell me to contact local Hayes rep on the Germany economy...but I have no clue who that would be. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
rotors are not true.

jagayers said:
I recently bought and had LBS install HFX9 XC front and rear. Well it is just a service center that builds bikes and does repairs for local service members over here in Germany. The rear brake has been fine with no problems (knock on wood). But, the front makes this annoying squeaking noise. At first, I thought that it was just due to the break in period since it started the first time I was riding the brakes. But, then it never went away. I have ridden them about 4 times now and the sqeak is still there. I looked closely at the rotor and notice this is a slight warp in one spot which looks like it is barely touching the inside pad. QUESTION: Is it worth trying to send this front rotor back to Hayes to be replaced under warrantly or would I be wasting my time? I assume they would tell me to contact local Hayes rep on the Germany economy...but I have no clue who that would be. Thanks for the help.
Just clean your hands and true it yourself. After you put some heavy loads on the brake, the rotors are going to warp slightly anyways. $ rides is not enough time to even tell what the pads and rotors are doing together, unless you are shuttling. Check the upper right corner of the Brake Forum for Disc Brake FAQ's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts