Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new bike on order with BB7s and want to upgrade to a 185mm rotor before I get it.

The impression that I get is that the Hayes V7 rotor would be a better performer than another Roundagon (and is cheaper). Is this true?

Also, which adapter would I need? The "V6 - Rear Int Std to 6"" adapter would work for a 7" rotor up front, correct? For some reason they have also "V7 - 74/7" adapter, IS-Front/51mm (100mm QR)" adapter costs a bunch more. I thought they should do the same thing? I think I might just order the Avid adapter and sand 1mm or so off the washers

Thanks

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out it is cheaper for me to order a brand new BB7 w/ 185mm rotor for the front and sell my BB7 160mm on craigs than to order order a new rotor and adapter and be left with a 160mm Roundagon that I could only sell for a few $$

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Hay boomn I dont recall all the rear to front adapter stuff but many times they will interchange. I have a bin with adapters & just fish through till I find one that fits. You dont have to use the special washers Avid supplies you can either bolt it to the adapter or space it with plain washers. :thumbsup:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
boomn said:
Too late! I just ordered a complete 185mm BB7 and will sell the current one
I started responding but just got Dish installed & forgot to finish came back 1 hour later an :madman: It suxz that you can buy a complete set up for less then the individual components. :eekster:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.