Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Man I never get a chance to find myself disagreeing with you, DogonFR, but for once I gotta say you're a bit wrong. That lever will work with the Ryde MC BUT (knew there had to be one of those, right?) you will need to confirm that the lever blade comes with the pivot pin and pivot bushings before ya buy 'em. Elsewise you'll have a heckuva sloppy (albeit fancy) lever.
If it was my coinage, I'd pony up for the Trail caliper. Better brake power begins at the point of rotor contact. Not as pretty for sure, but when does pretty matter on a bike that's likely to find itself somewhere where there happens to be mud?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
juancancook said:
Man I never get a chance to find myself disagreeing with you, DogonFR, but for once I gotta say you're a bit wrong.
:eek: Golly gee willikerz now you went & did it got me all embaresd. :D

I found it interesting because I thought the caliper was the major difference buttt looking at the part #'s especially the note then again once you know the tricks to make it fit that throws the rule book right out the tree, coolleo info there. :cornut::cornut:

·
Registered
233 Posts
MC bodies are the same, the differences are in the hose kits, lever blades, brake pads and calipers.
Never to late to teach an ol' Dog new tricks. I'm still learning that one myself!:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.