Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
What size rotor are you using? If you have a big 7 or 8 inch rotor then try downsizing to the 6in rotor!

Do you have the Stroker Ryde’s or the Trail’s, the Ryde’s are pretty poor brakes and nothing compared to the Trail’s, especially when it comes to modulation. The grab on the Ryde’s will feel pretty vicious, dangerously vicious as some people have said…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the Trail model. I'm using a 7 inch rotor. I'll reduce it to 6 inch, which won't reduce my stopping much. Thanks.

EGF168 said:
What size rotor are you using? If you have a big 7 or 8 inch rotor then try downsizing to the 6in rotor!

Do you have the Stroker Ryde's or the Trail's, the Ryde's are pretty poor brakes and nothing compared to the Trail's, especially when it comes to modulation. The grab on the Ryde's will feel pretty vicious, dangerously vicious as some people have said…

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Have you tried different adjustments to the throw of the lever? The position of the lever blade relative to the bar can make a considerable difference to the feel of the brake and is often overlooked when setting brakes up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.