Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Roll Tide
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old fork was RS Dart 3 with post mounts. Brakes are Hayes Stroker Ryde 160mm. I had no problem aligning the calipers with the rotors in the past. Now I have a RS Pike (20mm thru axle) with IS mounts, so I ordered

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=BR3950

and now the caliper will not line up with the rotor. The outside pad has plenty of clearance, but the inside pad cannot be made to fit. I have tried spacers inbetween the IS mount & the adapter but then the adapter touches the rotor. Have I ordered the wrong adapter? do I need to include pictures?

·
Roll Tide
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
soo, I tried with some different spacers and I was able to get the caliper & rotor lined up... BUT is it okay to use spacers inbetween the fork mounting location and the adapter??

·
Registered
154 Posts
QR IS adapter

I had a PIKE and the Hayes Stroker Trail. I ordered the 180mm adapter that is supposed to work with a thru axle and ran into the same problem. I put the IS front adapter back on and it lined up perfectly. Use the standard QR adapter and it should work just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.