Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
And the Trails have levers that are designed to bend like butter upon slight impacts :rolleyes:

A friend bent his on his first ride. If you look at the lever design, you notice that there is cross sectional strength at the lever closest to the pivot. Fortunately the bend was fixable using a blowtorch, but that's still a pretty poor design for a lever.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
david8613 said:
really? i brought these also should get them by friday, but i was begining to think i should've gotten elixers instead... can you elaborate? what do you ride, how much you weigh?
I ride an 09 Reign and weigh 175. The brakes grab hard. The modulation is as good as the Elixers. I am running a 203 front rotor with a 180 rear.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
just got them today, my god these things are massive compared to my old juicys 7, there is no way im not gonna stop in heart beat or over heat these babies! great deal for the money at price point, i dont think you can get a better deal for a 4 pot brake than this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.