Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the clamp that sits on top of the handlbar. It has 2 screws that thread into the brake "main body" and secure it to the bar.

Air bomb has the actual part listed on their site for $6.50, but they never responded to my email inquiries...plus I heard they were taken over by some other company.

Does hayes sell small parts directly? I seem to remember they tell you to go through your local LBS.

Here is a photo of what I need....Mine is really a MAG though (clamp fits both).

thanks for the help...

Attachments

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
good luck on fiding that exact part, the most common stuff you'll see is compression nuts, hoses, pads, and if you are lucky a lever, but your chances of having a bike shop that HAS a lever and WILL sell you that little peice are pretty slim usually...best to just call hayes.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
freeriderB said:
I need the clamp that sits on top of the handlbar. It has 2 screws that thread into the brake "main body" and secure it to the bar.

Air bomb has the actual part listed on their site for $6.50, but they never responded to my email inquiries...plus I heard they were taken over by some other company.

Does hayes sell small parts directly? I seem to remember they tell you to go through your local LBS.

Here is a photo of what I need....Mine is really a MAG though (clamp fits both).

thanks for the help...
Check with Go-ride www.go-ride.com or balle racing www.balleracing.com both have a good selection of that type of stuff. Avoid Airbomb like the plague.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts