Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
baka baka!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got some juicy 7's. a good portion of the roundagon rotor is warped and i have tried almost everything to try to bend it back the right way. i have a spare hayes v cut that i can use...just wondering if it's okay to mount it and if so: will the pads wear faster? decrease in performance? the pad surface area on the juicy seems pretty similar to that of the hayes nine...tho i dunno about the material. if it's not okay maybe i should just bring it back to the store for an exchange...

thanks in advance,

jon

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Shimano XTR rotors will not work. The blade (braking path) has to be atleast as wide as the pad.

Hayes rotors worked great for me from day 1. I'm now in the process of testing out some laser cut aluminum rotors from Kidd. So far so good.

·
baka baka!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for help guys! i just broke in my pads and so far they work great...kinda wish i swapped out the front rotor for one of the hayes too. the v cuts seem like they cool faster than the avid roundagons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.