Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running into a common problem but couldn't find any help in the search I did. I am putting a pair of HFX-MAG brakes on a new Spec. FSR frame and the 1600 mm hose isn't long enough. First call to Hayes gave me a part number of 98-25042 which is supposed to be a 1900 mm hose. From what I can tell this may work but uses a 90 degree donut fitting instead of the inline fitting which doesn't work too well with the routing on the frame. Does anyone know for sure what fitting this comes with? I have also been recommended to look at Jagwire but I didn't want to drop 70 bucks to get one hose. Anyone else find a good solution to this?

·
Registered
231 Posts
You could get a Goodridge kit from Chain Reaction Cycles on sale for $31 or get two kits and upgrade both front and back. I just upgraded my Hayes Stroker Trails to Goodridge and man it made a difference in the stiffness of the lever. The stainless steell braided hose doesnt expand so you get that extra pressure at the lever.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2942

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.