Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hayes XC HFX9 lever leak...

Hi,
I treked to my friends around 15miles from my home on my Kona Dr.Dew. Once I left we discovered a plastic bit on the floor under my bike. What we initialy thought was a piece of lego was a plug on my lever. I discovered this when I pulled the brakes for a routine brake check and bingo...drip, drip, drip. I popped it back on, taped it, and road home. I just found it coincidental to find the plug on the floor when I just put the bike against a wall. So I suppose my question is if this is normal?and if this is a coincidence or the plug would have needed to be taken out with a lot of effort.
Thanx

·
Registered
59 Posts
roster19 said:
Hi,
I treked to my friends around 15miles from my home on my Kona Dr.Dew. Once I left we discovered a plastic bit on the floor under my bike. What we initialy thought was a piece of lego was a plug on my lever. I discovered this when I pulled the brakes for a routine brake check and bingo...drip, drip, drip. I popped it back on, taped it, and road home. I just found it coincidental to find the plug on the floor when I just put the bike against a wall. So I suppose my question is if this is normal?and if this is a coincidence or the plug would have needed to be taken out with a lot of effort.
Thanx
The original HFX-9's have a simple cover that slides on for the master cylinder bleeder valve. You do have to be careful that it doesn't get knocked off, or fluid will get pumped out everytime you pull the brake lever. They should be a fairly snug fit, if it falls off all the time it might need to be replaced. Hayes apparently is replacing them on the newer models with ones that screw on.
-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts