Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Haven't owned but ridden plenty of hfx 9 setups. Fairly reliable, decent power but these days there's better stuff out there for your money...mainly Formula. Unless you're getting a crazy deal the Oro line with sintered pads is hard to beat these days.

I do own a set of Mags and while they have been super reliable, they seem to have a burlier master cylinder compared to the Nines. (same caliper though) They do suffer a bit of fade on real long downhills that hasn't shown itself since I've been on the Oros. I think you commented on my post about howl - that chip out of the piston happened after riding that set for four years. I'm pretty hard on gear so four years exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the HFX Carbon on the front. I got a great deal at an online shop. They seem to be very good. The only difference between it an the HFX it replaced appears to be the lever which is carbon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.