Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fat boy for life
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started assembling the 7. earlier and noticed the rear brake line is bent.

Is this something I should be concerned about or it is not a problem?
TIa for any help.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
My guess is that is going to be an issue. You need to have the line in smooth bends along the frame to allow the fluid inside to do it's magic. Is that a crimped fitting at the caliper? The LBS may have the necessary fittings to cut the line and fix it or you may have to replace the entire line. Good luck!

As a side note - On my 7point, I never attached my hydraulic line to the last cable stop on the chainstay before the caliper. This allow for a smoother bend from the stay to the caliper.

toby

·
Registered
66 Posts
Definitely a problem.

I had the same problem with the rear brake line on my IH hardtail. The line was crimped (though less than yours) right at the brazed-on cable guide. When you get Performance to fix the connection to the caliper, either feed a bunch more line between the guide and caliper, or just skip the guide and wiretie the line further back on the stay.

·
fat boy for life
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx Tol, will bring it into Perf asap. Thx also for the tips on running the brake lines. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.