Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
crumb
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seached and I cant find all the info I need so im asking here in one thread.
I have DOT 4, a syringe, and hose. Some of the info I need is when I bleed my Mags what angle the lever should be at, what i do with the lever at what point im bleeding it, when i push and pull the syringe, and how to cap it, or if i let it sit and how. Be as thourough as you can please i need to bleed this before tommarow. Ive done it about 3 times and cant get it right the lever still sags.
Thanks in advance for any help
Jim

·
Pro Crastinator
11,135 Posts
when injecting the fluid into the brake (after the resi tops off) replace the resi plug and continue giving the syringe a little squeeze to really fill the resi before shutting the bleed valve. this should eliminate the dead feelibg you have. you don't need to do anything to your lever while bleeding hayes brakes....

·
crumb
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.WestCoastHucker. said:
when injecting the fluid into the brake (after the resi tops off) replace the resi plug and continue giving the syringe a little squeeze to really fill the resi before shutting the bleed valve. this should eliminate the dead feelibg you have. you don't need to do anything to your lever while bleeding hayes brakes....
thank you sir, now off to diablo

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
take pads out (so you don't spill on them)

have rubbing alcohol handy to clean up the messes

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
The Bleed screw needs to be @ the highest point. Look @ the Hayes instructions they show the bike hanging off the ground. I tried to bleed my Mag's w/ the lever just spun around, no dice. I ended up taking the lever off, mounting to another set of bars and that would hold the lever almost straight up - now the lever is rock solid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts