Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got a set of 8' Hayes to replace my beat up Avid Mech discs. Now i am also fixin to build up a 24' rear wheel. will my 8' Avid disc work with the Hayes calipers? They appear to be very similar in design. i'd be willing to sacrific a slight degree of braking performace for convience since the 24' will be used prodominatly for urban riding not dh where the brakes are super crucial. your thoughts please, i'd appreciate it, thanks

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
8" & 6" Avid/Hayes are interchangeable.

igaboo said:
ok so i just got a set of 8' Hayes to replace my beat up Avid Mech discs. Now i am also fixin to build up a 24' rear wheel. will my 8' Avid disc work with the Hayes calipers? They appear to be very similar in design. i'd be willing to sacrific a slight degree of braking performace for convience since the 24' will be used prodominatly for urban riding not dh where the brakes are super crucial. your thoughts please, i'd appreciate it, thanks
We've swapped rotors between these 2 brands without issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.