Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which adapter I need and where I would find one. I have an older GF Joshua with a 22mm chainstay disc mount. I want to install a set of Hayes HFX 9's (6 inch rotors) but, I'm not sure where to find the adapter I need.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hayes DM caliper

You probably won't have room to mount an IS caliper between chain and seat-stays. You can might be able to get a 22 mm DM caliper from Hayes, or PM me for 22mm mount half. Check with Hayes whether G1 & G2 halves can be mated. If you buy a whole 22mm DM caliper, be aware that the hose fitting is different from G2 calipers and you'll likely have to buy a new hose as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, no digital camera. However, "DM" means "direct mount." The 22mm DM caliper simply bolts into the threaded holes in your chainstay, using standard Hayes bolts. Again, check with Hayes re: compatability of G1 & G2 caliper halves. I can sell you a 22mm DM mount half. Otherwise you'll have to buy a whole 22mm caliper and likely a new hose. Hayes may still have some of the G1 22mm DM's in stock.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
rburke said:
Sorry, no digital camera. However, "DM" means "direct mount." The 22mm DM caliper simply bolts into the threaded holes in your chainstay, using standard Hayes bolts. Again, check with Hayes re: compatability of G1 & G2 caliper halves. I can sell you a 22mm DM mount half. Otherwise you'll have to buy a whole 22mm caliper and likely a new hose. Hayes may still have some of the G1 22mm DM's in stock.
I found this in front of my house sleeping :cool:. If this is the little bugger then the 2 bolts that joun the halves together are the same distance, outside bolt to outside bolt 31.05mm. The pads are the same so unless Hays changed the fluid hole it should work. I would have done eye to eye but floor kinda wet :eek:.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
You're good to go. Just bolt the thing on and connect the hose, if you can route it OK. No need to split and join to your HFX 9 caliper half. Funny though, you pics show the G2 hose connection. G1 had a banjo fitting. Hadn't checked to see if they were interchangable.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
rburke said:
You're good to go. Just bolt the thing on and connect the hose, if you can route it OK. No need to split and join to your HFX 9 caliper half. Funny though, you pics show the G2 hose connection. G1 had a banjo fitting. Hadn't checked to see if they were interchangable.
I'm not the one that needs the caliper xcallmntman does i just tryin to help.
This caliper came off a Marla Streb Yeti back in the day :cool:.
xcallmntman
mtbr member

Hayes adapter help

Does anyone know which adapter I need and where I would find one. I have an older GF Joshua with a 22mm chainstay disc mount. I want to install a set of Hayes HFX 9's (6 inch rotors) but, I'm not sure where to find the adapter I need.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dogonfr said:
I found this in front of my house sleeping :cool:. If this is the little bugger then the 2 bolts that joun the halves together are the same distance, outside bolt to outside bolt 31.05mm. The pads are the same so unless Hays changed the fluid hole it should work. I would have done eye to eye but floor kinda wet :eek:.
Thanks guys! That looks like the right animal for sure. How do i get one?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
xcallmntman said:
Thanks guys! That looks like the right animal for sure. How do i get one?
If interested PM me & we can discuss price for a piece of gold ;).
If you were interested it would be as is, been sitting in my garage for abou 4+ years & might need a rebuild. The pistons are in there :D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.