Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in a Hawes ride Monday around 1pm(ish)? Meet at Walgreens parking lot and just ride around at a fairly moderate (no rush) pace wherever our pedals take us. Time is negotiable just let me know. I think DurtGurl's Hawes/Pass ride sounds great but is a bit too much for my legs and bike and I need to shove off a little later than 10am too. Post up if interested. Dave

See below for update to Tuesday time

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BIGHORN LEW said:
hey big D! i cant make an appearance today, but the same plan for tuesday would be great. let me know what-up. thanx. :cornut:
Hey Lewis. I'm definately up for Tues. You want to plan for 1pm at Walgreens? :thumbsup:

I don't know if I'm going to get any takers today so I might just do whatever, maybe head out to MMP or SoMo or something. Nice not having any obligations on a weekday for once.:p

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blatant said:
I could be up for a Tuesday ride. Is this firm?
Yeah. Let's say 1pm Tues at Walgreens parking lot, R2R by about 1:15. Hope 2 C you there :thumbsup: I'll be driving a white toyo taco with a blue spec HT in the back.

Hey Big Lew! You in?

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
maybe...I am juggling things tomorrow. If I am not there, dont wait for me. maybe see you guys for some of it...black Blur, white helmet. Have fun!!

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BIGHORN LEW said:
hey, if you want more riders, it might be good to post a new thread as a tuesday ride? maybe? your call..:D
I was going to edit the thread title but I guess it won't let you do that. Oh well, no biggie.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great ride today guys :D It was BIGHORN LEW, Blatant, Maadjurguer and myself. Sorry no pics to share or elaborate ride report but just wanted to thank those that showed up and cool meeting you all :) Lets do this again or another ride sometime.

Peace out homeys!

·
No Clue Crew
7,632 Posts
This was actually my first group ride. Very cool and gracious folks. When you spend so much time riding alone you lose some perspective. I was definitely the weak link in this group, but it was still a great time. Thanks.
d

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
Blatant....that'll teach you to avoid doing interval workouts before riding....I tried that once.....only once :crazy: . Good riding with you all, post up if you're ever out this way again and I'll try to join up with you all. I believe we saw chollaball riding into Hawes as we were coming out by the SW corner of the loop, just east of the sewer junction and the nice custom home which basks in the glow of the sewer smell. dsittman....check your pm, I sent you the file you were asking about.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Maadjurguer said:
Blatant....that'll teach you to avoid doing interval workouts before riding....I tried that once.....only once :crazy: . Good riding with you all, post up if you're ever out this way again and I'll try to join up with you all. I believe we saw chollaball riding into Hawes as we were coming out by the SW corner of the loop, just east of the sewer junction and the nice custom home which basks in the glow of the sewer smell. dsittman....check your pm, I sent you the file you were asking about.
About 3pm? i kinda thought it was you guys, but i only saw 3, and i was looking for a 575 -- one guy had a bike that looked sorta blue but I didnt think a 575. Anyway...i was just escaping and was in hammer-mode. One of these days we'll sync up... glad you guys had fun.

Hawes in some places was purty torn up by the storms i think. I like it, its making the hard stuff harder.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blatant said:
This was actually my first group ride. Very cool and gracious folks. When you spend so much time riding alone you lose some perspective. I was definitely the weak link in this group, but it was still a great time. Thanks.
d
Glad you joined us. Don't feel bad if you thought you were the "weak link". Believe me, I'm usually the low guy on the totem pole on most of the rides I go on. You'll notice though with riding with people that are better skilled or even better conditioned that it helps make you a better rider too :thumbsup:

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
blue bike was mine...GF Hi-Fi....trail is a little ragged from the hard rain, but the persistent moisture in the soil is keeping things down.....way better than post storm damage during monsoon season....that's just frustrating.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.