Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the canal folks are filling in the bedrock area of the 'hawes river' with sand from the overfill canal? I'm talking about the section that was eroded down to the bedrock just north of the 'river crossing'. I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish other than spend money on something which will wash away next storm cycle back down to the bedrock. I kinda liked the rough and rugged Hawes river as it was.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
That was a trip running into that front end loader today on our ride :crazy: Hopefully it doesn't mess up our every once in a while river crossings that we get after the good rains. Those are always a nice little bonus to riding out there.

·
Registered
837 Posts
slow times make men desperate. remember the fire fighter who started the woods ablaze so he could get a paycheck? i think they have nothing "better" to do. smoothing it all out like that will speed up the flow and probably cause more erosion, not less. or hay i know. there gonna make it an olympic destination for extreme world kayak championships :p can't think of any other logical explanation. cross your fingers and ride the trail while it's still legal :madmax: see ya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.