1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Downhill Spokesmodel
543 Posts
They gave one of these away last year at the Bootleg Canyon Race. I was told at the time that it was a new product. I listened to it and the sound quality was very good. At around $35 I might consider getting one.:thumbsup:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,533 Posts
I'm not a techno-geek who has to have i-pods and super tech-phones and all of that crap, but this is finally something that I would consider and it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Jayem said:
I'm not a techno-geek who has to have i-pods and super tech-phones and all of that crap, but this is finally something that I would consider and it makes sense.
yeah =. they have glasses that are mp3 players and ipods o plenty. its time they make something i would wear and use, too bad its a damn skater helmet. we get no respect!

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Several snowboard helmets have come out that have similar features.

For $39, is it heavy and does it ventilate?

Most importantly: Does it block out ambient noise? I've been riding with MP3 players since 1st gen in '98, so I'm all for them if you can still hear what's around you. I dont wear mine in road events, and for mtb events I've got the volume so I can still hear normal conversation. More players has lead to greater chances of meeting a rider\boarder etc. who is unable to hear ambient noise. I'm worried toys like this encourage that behavior.

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
ShortBusJames said:
They gave one of these away last year at the Bootleg Canyon Race. I was told at the time that it was a new product. I listened to it and the sound quality was very good. At around $35 I might consider getting one.:thumbsup:
does it have earbuds or speakers?

I think I would like the earbuds, but not so much my head being a boombox.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
it has speakers above the temples. the sound is similar to listening to a radio in a room. it doesn't drown out backround noise, but you can still hear the music clearly. As for how it sounds to other people, no idea. I think it would be safer than headphones.
I like the idea and will probably get one. I HATE earbuds (they never stay in my ear) and its very annoying riding with only one in. Also, one of the riders on the DH/FR board crashed on his head wearing one...the music was still playing when he got up. So they pretty tough.
For $35 you can't go wrong. Slippery Pig has some on display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.