Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not a fan of any politics but I do believe if you go outdoors like all of us here do, you need to take a look at a bill that is being passed, SB1222 allows the gov to seek reimbursement for any recues where "reasonable care" was not exercised. I know in every wipe out I have had on a bike I could have exercised more reasonable care. Lets not leave it up to some office weannie to charge us $20,000 to pick our ass up after all they will shut down the highways to invesigate an accident for free.
I have never yet had to be rescued but if I do, I hope I wont have to remortgage my house to pay for it. Several such rescues in Yosmite cost over $20,000 one the all time highest came to $129,000 plus change. "Resonable Care" as the bills states is very grey and gives the gov way too much leaway to charge our ass for anything they can interpret asa rescue.

If you want me to post contact info to the rep's or updates on this crap let me know, I will be following it.
Freakin hate emailing these jerks when I should be out on the trails.
Cheers,
bill

·
Registered
556 Posts
Right again...

airwreck said:
There has been many incidents here where the bill should be sent to the authors of "Maui Revealed".
In the "Kauai Revealed" book where they tell people to visit Kipu Falls: "Although the land company has posted "NO TRESPASSING" signs on their land, it hasn't stopped locals... from walking to it. As long as you're between the stream banks, you're not trespassing." Brilliant, just brilliant.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fully believe in self rescue, and property owners rights. But I do not trust the gov. this bill has no limits (other states have a $500 max per person) and no appeal except going to a judge...read as, more money.
Mtn biking is the safest of my activities.
Cheers,
bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.