Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with regard to getting a replacement hub for the rear of my Sunday Team. It was the first race of the season in the Japanese Downhill series a week or so ago but unfortunately my rear hub decided it want to play ball. The freewheel will occasionally slip about a fifth of a turn and not let me put the power down for a second or so....I took it to my LBS but the guy who speaks good English has been off for a few days so it was a little difficult to get an answer out of them. From what I can gather, they have spoken to Diatech (The Japanese distributors) and they don't have any new ones in stock. I have been told its going to take a long time to get some more in stock. I was wondering if any kind person from Ironhorse would be able shed any light on the length of time it would take you guys to send stuff out to the Japanese distributor. The next race of the season starts on the 2nd June. Do you think that would be pushing it? I don't fancy racing on the old hub.. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
is it a laserdisc?

if it is, just give WTB a call or email them. they had some problems with the freehub and were super cool to me. mine wouldn't freewheel sometimes and it slipped pretty bad. they know about the problem and sent me all new internals for free. i guess it's an updated part or something because i haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
schizzle_dizzle said:
if it is, just give WTB a call or email them. they had some problems with the freehub and were super cool to me. mine wouldn't freewheel sometimes and it slipped pretty bad. they know about the problem and sent me all new internals for free. i guess it's an updated part or something because i haven't had any problems since.
Yeah it is the Laserdisc.....Thanks for the info. Mine does freewheel but it sometimes slips. I'll drop them and email and see what they can do. Hopefully they should be able to mail the internals to Japan if it comes to that !!!!!(maybe)

Snowskilz, I was thinking of getting a new hub but here in Japan the rear Hadley Hub is around $400US...... So I'm probably thinking the getting a replacement free would be a better idea for the time being.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.