Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using clear whatever to protect the downtube (underneath) and bottom bracket area of your frame? If yes, any recommendations?

Looked at 3M aircraft tape. $77 for a roll. Don't need a whole roll. Suggestions?

Thanks,

SV

·
Registered
347 Posts
check out go ride. com

SVSocrates said:
anyone using clear whatever to protect the downtube (underneath) and bottom bracket area of your frame? If yes, any recommendations?

Looked at 3M aircraft tape. $77 for a roll. Don't need a whole roll. Suggestions?

Thanks,

SV
They have some nice and thick clear stuff und frame protection that is advertised just for that. Youll need a heat gun or blow dryer to get best results but that is a sign of a good adhesive.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rjpstoked said:
They have some nice and thick clear stuff und frame protection that is advertised just for that. Youll need a heat gun or blow dryer to get best results but that is a sign of a good adhesive.
Is that goride.com or go_ride.com? Went to goride.com and found a bunch of apparel, but nothing else.

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Bribe 'em with Beer

Go to any auto window tinting joint that does clear bras and I'm sure they will sell/give you some scraps. A 6-pack (beer, not bike) will probably get you more than you will ever need.

The stuff is called 3M Body Armor.

That or send me a sample of your local micro-brew and I'll hook you up ;)

D.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D-Rock said:
Go to any auto window tinting joint that does clear bras and I'm sure they will sell/give you some scraps. A 6-pack (beer, not bike) will probably get you more than you will ever need.

The stuff is called 3M Body Armor.

That or send me a sample of your local micro-brew and I'll hook you up ;)

D.
Lemme guess. You're a clydesdale...
:D

Thanks, amigo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.