Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the ti bolt kit to lighter up the old Mojo a bit. I'm having trouble installing the lower shock mount bolt. The diameter is larger than the steel bolt it is replacing and it does not fit. Am I supposed to remove the bushing that's inside the right side swingarm? Any other suggestions? I can't give the dia difference as the battery is out on my calipers, but the difference is significant and noticeable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BTW - anyone know what's up with Ibis' phone numbers? None of them are connecting when I tried calling.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You might need an 8 mm or size "O" drill bit to clear out the interference you are encountering. Make sure you stop shy of the threads on the non-drive side.

I just rang our 831 461 1435 and the toll free 866 424 7635 number using my cell and both are working. I suspect all lines were busy when you called. Don't know why you wouldn't have gotten a busy signal though...

Cheers!

Hans

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Based on feedback from Ibis it's just a tolerance issue. From a past life in manufacturing, I know how fun these can be. :madman: I figured this was one of the likely scenarios (but hoped it was something easier), but I wasn't about to take a drill to my bike without the official OK from Ibis. I'll get my hands on an 8mm bit and I'll be good to go.

Thanks for all the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts