Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it a good deal? The bike's in good shape no major scratches. It shifts and breaks well.

Or should I have started with a beater bike then worked my way up? I do want to ride the bike to the grocery store not just on trails.

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Awesome deal it has the Reba RL dual air fork.
Take care of that fork keep it serviced they don't make them anymore and you can switch it to another bike in the future.
Took me a little while to figure out the air adjustments but when I did it was worth it.
This is one of the reason I bought a new 2012 StumpJumper Comp HT instead of the 2013 with the Reba single air.
The 2013 has Formula brakes which I hear are not so good.
The Advids on the 2012 are not the greatest but not the worst either IMO.
Congrats on your find.
Oh if you do ride it to the store take it in with you lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me try to list the components:

Rock Shock Reba RL
Avid XO
Easton EC 70xc - handle bar
Phenom Hollow CrMo - seat
Shimano SRAM X7 & SRAM X9
Shimano SPD pedals don't know the model as they're a bit worn

By the way I was riding faster today and the breaks were making noise when breaking from higher speed. Should I attempt to change the disks on them myself or should I accept my noobiness and take it to a shop?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome deal it has the Reba RL dual air fork.
Take care of that fork keep it serviced they don't make them anymore and you can switch it to another bike in the future.
Oh if you do ride it to the store take it in with you lol.
Thanks for the encouragement!

How do I service the shoks? Is it something I should I attempt myself? I'd like to learn to take care of the bike myself without having to fork out $ to get it tuned.

·
Registered
15,128 Posts
The info you want to learn is available on Youtube, Parks Tool site, Pink Bike Tech Tuesday videos, and under the service section of Sram's RockShox site. Everything is doable and useful when you need to handle something on the trail.
http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/c...ir_tuning_guide_gen.0000000004160_rev_a_0.pdf
You will need some bike specific tools including a multi-tool and a shock pump.

Harbor Freight has snap ring tools for $3-4.

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
I was going to send mine in when it needed service.
Now after watching those video's I'm just going to do it myself.
Thank you for posting those eb1888.

Then I get this message lol:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eb1888 again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.