Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have an older Fuel 90 that I've had for four years and I haven't experienced any frame failure "yet" but if or when I do how is Trek's response for frame warranty replacement. I am the original owner also. Rick.

·
2,548 Posts
Oldy Moldy said:
Hey, I have an older Fuel 90 that I've had for four years and I haven't experienced any frame failure "yet" but if or when I do how is Trek's response for frame warranty replacement. I am the original owner also. Rick.
Same sit here, Oldy .....still flogging my old Fuel 90 , no breaks, no probs...yet ;) But my understanding is if that you're the original owner/purchaser and haven't "abused" the bike (i.e. hucking off cliffs on a Fuel) , then Trek seems to be very good about their customer service/replacement stuff...hopefully, it won't ever come to that, but....ya never know...Good luck (my Fuel is seeing more commuter duty w/ slicks, lately, so...it's gonna last a while ;) )

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fuelish, I'm glad to hear that. Have you ever experienced chain suck problems and the rear end shuddering under braking when your bike was new?.....Mine had both problems when new and were corrected by moving the chainrings in closer by 2mm and a brace was installed on the rear triangle to fix the shuddering problem.

·
2,548 Posts
Oldy Moldy said:
Have you ever experienced chain suck problems and the rear end shuddering under braking when your bike was new?..... .
Have never had a "chainsuck" problem (in the technical sense of the term), but have had the occasional instance of the chain dropping onto the bb and getting jammed back up (which some may call "chainsuck" ) when shifting to small ring when in one of the larger cogs out back - likely a minor chainline issue, but very minor to me...I've learned to shift early and all is well on that count (although my bb is gouged up...no biggie). As far as the shuddering you mentioned, am I correct in assuming you have discs ? I remember Trek had a brace or arm or some bolt on to help people with that problem on the rear. Am still running v-brakes, here, so, can't help on that one ;) I love my Fuel (been my commuter, as of late, due to an occasional medical issue that prevents me from driving from time to time...grrrrrr). Here's hoping we don't break our frames....and if so, it'll be taken care of, for sure. Trek may not have the bling factor that a lot of smaller companies have, but they make some damm fine bikes, Fuel included :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.