Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you turned one of your bikes into a comfort cruiser by putting some riser handlebars on it or just adjust it to where it's alot less aggressive for riding?

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
I use an old Hardrock for commuting. It's got a really long stem, biggest pile of spacers you've ever seen, riser stem and riser bars. Rigid fork, taller gearing and puncture-resistant tyres. It's also got reflective tape stuck all over it for the dark nights. Does the job.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use an old Hardrock for commuting. It's got a really long stem, biggest pile of spacers you've ever seen, riser stem and riser bars. Rigid fork, taller gearing and puncture-resistant tyres. It's also got reflective tape stuck all over it for the dark nights. Does the job.
Nice! I would love to see a picture of it. Sounds comfy.

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
I would love to see a picture of it. Sounds comfy.
It looks like a pile of crud! ;0) I never clean it, just throw some oil at the chain occasionally, and use it in all weathers so it's always black. It's not too comfortable actually. Although it has an upright riding position the bars are at a funny angle so it hurts your wrists a bit. As it's just a hack made out of whatever bits I had in the shed I don't care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts