Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some mountain bikers who have ridden at Mont. Ste Anne in the past couple of seasons.

If you've been there and have some opinions on it, please contact me as soon as possible at [email protected].

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
21 Posts
i rode there in 90 or 91 when rock shox just came out, remember the black ones with pink writing on them. it was great.

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Mont Saint-Anne must be one of the most overrated mountain bike destination in Quebec. Most trails are XC-skiing trails. Wide. Not technical. Muddy with occasionnal ruts. Not much of the purpose-built singletrack like you will find in other prime destinations. I use to go there as a teen back in the early 90s. The place is still good for DH but you have to find a local to show you the goods... because it's not mapped or maintained by the station but by locals.

There are way better destinations in the Qc region for XC! Check out "Vallée Bras-du-Nord" for a great experience and also, just a few minutes north of Qc city, check out "Sentiers du Moulin" who have been building great singletrack for the past 2 full seasons. For a 3 day stay, plan 1 day at Sentier du Moulin and 2 days at Vallée Bras-du-Nord.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Coming to visit
143 Posts
Raced the world cup in 08 (my first, someone has to come almost last!) and it's my favourite XCO track in the world. Was the first track in over 3 years I had to work to clean - and I had to work hard! I rode some of the other trails while I was there - between the village and the camp ground - and saw my first bears. Mother and cub. It was awesome. Will be back for the Quebec cup this year, and all going to plan, another race in September...

·
xx = xtr²
147 Posts
I got to agree with BigJay, I live 30 minutes away from Mont-Saint-Anne and i only go there for the races. The world cup course is technical and fun but i would not spend more than a day of riding there. There's a lot of better places around.

·
Come on, dare me!
537 Posts
BigJay said:
Mont Saint-Anne must be one of the most overrated mountain bike destination in Quebec. Most trails are XC-skiing trails. Wide. Not technical. Muddy with occasionnal ruts. Not much of the purpose-built singletrack like you will find in other prime destinations. I use to go there as a teen back in the early 90s. The place is still good for DH but you have to find a local to show you the goods... because it's not mapped or maintained by the station but by locals.

There are way better destinations in the Qc region for XC! Check out "Vallée Bras-du-Nord" for a great experience and also, just a few minutes north of Qc city, check out "Sentiers du Moulin" who have been building great singletrack for the past 2 full seasons. For a 3 day stay, plan 1 day at Sentier du Moulin and 2 days at Vallée Bras-du-Nord.

Hope this helps a bit.
Not so true. Even though the trails are not as fun as in the early 90's (I've been living for 16 years in Quebec City before moving to Mtl and rode many times in Sainte-Anne), there are still very nice XC riding to be have and new trails have been open lately. IMO, the MSA is still one of the best «official» mtb spot to ride in the Quebec City area. It's true that the Charlesbourg backcountry (Rivière des Roches) is an astounding place (the best in Quebec, IMO) but you have to have a local guide you to find out the best trails there. In MSA, even if you're new to the place, there are trails for everyone and every leve plus great DH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts