Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
likes bicycles
589 Posts
Hover over the rear brake lever while doing a wheelie. If you feel yourself going over backwards, just slam the brake and you'll be back on two wheels damn near instantly.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
yea i 2nd the one finger on the back brake if you feel you are going to loop out, did it once and i learned my lesson but thankfully i kinda did an awkward half backflip and landed on my head so its all good lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
I never broke anything, but while goofing off on a cheap bike with 24" tires I pulled a wheely and knocked the wind out of me. My son thought it was funny.

I still do wheelys, I'm 32. And I like Fruity pebbles :D

·
In dog years, I'm dead.
1,073 Posts
jh251 said:
sorry, I stopped doing wheelies when I was 12
You're missing an important skill in your trail-riding repertoire. I was 48 the first time I wheelied over onto my backside. Blame it on 1st time out with clipless pedals.

·
Dented n' Spent
185 Posts
Usually I bail on the way over - shooting the bike out in front of me, trashing the seat in the process, trying to land like a cat and typically failing, always doing it in front of an audience, and always looking stupid. Does single speed have anything to do with it?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
vikingtarga said:
tried to pull a wheelie on a singlespeed and fell straight on your back side cracking your tail bone??
Yes, I've tried to pull a wheelie and have fallen on my backside, but I didn't crack my tailbone (saved by the hydration pack). I don't understand what the bike being a singlespeed has to do with it, though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i twisted my knee outwards pretty good yesterday trying a wheelie in my driveway. At first i thought i wrenched it pretty bad but it loosened up a bit and when you fall off a bike what are you supposed to do??? Thats right, i went out this morning and did about 5 hrs between two different parks/trails in my area and still tried and had a couple good wheelies

·
Registered
145 Posts
o man how could you ever stop blowing bubbles in your chocolate milk, and splashing through puddles, i think is allmost required to splash through puddles when mountainbiking

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.