Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there
I'm heading down to Palm Desert to visit family for xmas but seeing as though I'll have so much free time on my hands, I can't leave my trusty stead behind!

Would love company (oh, and I suppose a trail guide to, if that's not too much to ask.:thumbsup: ) Also open to trail suggestions. (So far I've gathered Hurkey Creek -Idylwild, The Goat Trails and SART - anything else?)

Planning to head down 5 sometime on Tuesday and will be in the area through the 28th?
Up for pretty much anything. I might be a girl, but I can hang ok... not a super speedy, but tough.

Thanks, and have a dirt-filled christmas :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MTP - how can the words shuttle and mountain biking combine to make anything but sweet...? I'd up for that.

Cool - thanks on the trailhead tip, will have to check that out... MTBR is that for us in norcal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Palm Desert/ Idyllwild Trails

Hi, I was here a for a month last year, and now just bought a place here (Rancho Mirage) and I don't have any riding buddies, so pls contact me if you want to ride. Also, I have a 4-place bike rack so I'm down for the Palm Canyon shuttle deal, also my friend is injured right now so she would be happy to shuttle us, she likes to drive. I think I have a good handle on the trails here, I just raged for 4 hours in Idyllwild on the Hurkey Creek trails today...amazing. Here's a video I took last week of the Bump & Grind trail, it looks freakey but its not bad, the freakiness is a result of my wide angle lens on my little helmet cam:

Oh and here is the Art Smith Trail which is close by too:

Hope to hear from you DurtySkirt, or any others that want to ride!

Thanks! JP

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
burner said:
I'll also be in Palm Desert. Anyone want to ride on the 24th? I won't have time for the full Palm Canyon shuttle, but maybe Dunn/Art Smith or some other local stuff.
I'm riding on the 24th in the morning and Art Smith is a definite possibility. Send me a PM if you want to hook up. If not Art Smith we'll do something good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
jplamere1 said:
Hey guys, count me in on a ride, I'll get up early if I have to.....I mean its not like I don't have cold weather gear, I'm from Minnesota after all!
Cool. I'll send you a PM with time and place once we know. Rode this morning in the light rain - temp was great. Conditions should be stellar for Thursday.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
We're meeting Thursday the 24th at 7am in Cathedral City in the large parking lot just west of Cathedral Canyon Drive. I think the nearest cross street is Palo Verde or Bankside. There is a Mattress Store in the corner of the parking lot. Plan on about 20 miles. Dunn, Hahn, Murry, Goat Trails.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aiyiyi.... got buried in the holiday chaos! Finally got down here today (long drive - with my bike in the rear view mirror - definitely jones'n for a ride)

Bummer I missed yesterday but would love to plan something any of the next 3 days?

Should I put a stake in the ground and shoot for Sunday? Anyone ??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool. Perfect. Can you let me know where the trailhead is? My sister said she knows, but it's possible there are multiple entrances. Also, do you have an approx time so I can set expectations properly with the fam (will be gone 2, 4,6 hours...)?

thx

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
dirtyskirt said:
Cool. Perfect. Can you let me know where the trailhead is? My sister said she knows, but it's possible there are multiple entrances. Also, do you have an approx time so I can set expectations properly with the fam (will be gone 2, 4,6 hours...)?

thx
We'll start the ride in cat city. We can shuttle it or ride the road back to our starting point from palm desert. We need to work that part out (see who's in, etc). The ride takes about 2.5 hrs not counting the shuttle/road ride. I'll post details later.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
dirtyskirt said:
I can fit 3 bikes / 3 ppl for a shuttle, but am also happy to ride back on the road.

Is there an intersection to look for in cat city?
Let's shuttle from the Starbucks parking lot in Palm Desert, corner of HWY 111 and HWY 74/Monterey. 7:30am ok? I have a truck + T2 rack for transport.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.