Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to take credit, but the bike belongs to EndoRando, and the fork is a loaner. I just borrowed the bike for the night and put a few hours in to see how the new front end changed things. It was mo bettah. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
tscheezy,

Did you shoot the 3 videos on vimeo, if so, what gear are you using, almost looks like you've got a steadycam set up. I'd really like to know.

Cheers,

Al

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gear for video

tscheezy,

Did you shoot the 3 videos on vimeo, if so, what gear are you using, almost looks like you've got a steadycam set up. I'd really like to know.

Cheers,

Al

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's just my crappy little Canon SD1000 point and shoot that captures pretty low res video. I run the clips through iMovie which has a very nice scene stabilizing feature that smooths out camera shake (and believe me, there was plenty :D). It ends up cropping the video in order to average the coverage over all the shaky frames, and the lens isn't very wide to begin with and neither are the trails, so things tend to have a tight focus.

Bike weight is 30.4 pounds.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
iMovie ships free with every Mac. It won't run on a PC. Version 8 has the stabilization. I hate that version of iMovie so after I stabilize the clips I open them in iMovie HD version 6 and do my editing there. It's an extra step, but the results are worth the effort.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.